Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Limbo


Not for me the grim certainty of Hell,
Nor the sure bliss of Heaven.
I may have been here a day,
Or a lifetime, who knows?
There’s no telling.

Halfway between Heaven and Hell,
Time stagnates in Limbo.
One instant could mirror the next,
Or the one before.
Or the thousands before or after it.
Who knows?
There’s no telling.

Minutes turn to hours, hours to days.
One moment spills over to the next quite seamlessly.
Night and Day fuse together.
Summers are no different from winters.
It knows no sorrow or pain.
It’s ageless, timeless and aimless.
A state of prolonged uncertainty, they call it.

Am I alive?
I breathe, I bleed.
I hurt, I laugh.
I muse, I sigh.
But, which of these is the touchstone for Life?
Who knows?
There’s no telling.

Care, worry, of what use are they?
When what Time may come,
Will never be distinguished from the Time Past
Or the Time Future?
There is no doorway to salvation.
But is this so unbearable?

Life, sans souci.
But, is this a life at all?
Who knows?
There’s no telling.


P.S. : Morbid, aren't I? But, I swear I was raised right!