Friday, December 14, 2007

I figure:

That I’m always going to be a cry-baby/wet-fish about unattainable things and chase after mirages and elusive goals. Also, I will always have someone to drive up the wall with my incessant whining.

That the grass will be greener on the other side. People I meet will keep getting younger, smarter, thinner and richer and, I will wonder what I have been doing with my life all this while.

That I was wrong when I thought that one automatically grows up and turns wise when one starts earning a living. Man, was I wrong. I figure there will be enough heartbreaks, disillusionments, loves, losses, victories, sorrows and you will always do some growing up with each.

That I will regard lightly that which I get easily and take it for granted till I have lost it. And then I will kick myself for the sheer idiocy of the situation.

That I will envy those who say that they would change nothing about their lives and live the same way if given another chance.

That I will always seek adventure but then my life will be staid, hassle-free, mundane and …you get the drift.

That I will never have interesting stories/life-changing circumstances for the benefit of posterity, unless I stop being so straight-laced.

That I will never be able to dance with gay abandon (although I am a trained dancer) just for the pure joy of dancing and will never be able to wander aimlessly.

That my parents will always bail me out, regardless of my age.

Phew!